Thursday 31 December 2015

Yay

So it has been approximately 25 hours since my plane left London airport and the from that moment it took off my head cleared. Every little thing which has made my head feel somewhat stuffy basically since birth disintegrated into nothingness and the nothingness which has been left can only be described as the most pleasant form of airheadedness, if there is such a thing.
But of course, because its me, it hasnt exactly gone according to plan. And it's only the first day.
When the plane was landing in Bangkok I had this feeling that something was about to go not exactly ideally but pushed those thoughts aside as simply the classic thoughts of "well a tornado full of sharks is going to attack right now, and I'm going to die before I actually live my dream". (I may have watched Sharknado: The Second One recently).
Everything went smoothly until I felt rather queasy when in line for my approval. In need to vom I went to the toilets to hear another girl wretching in the cubicle closest. So I was a nice person and threw up with her to let her know she wasnt alone.
I then went on to find out my bag was not in Bangkok. It was most likely in China which would have been fine if, you know, I was in China.
Of course. Classic.
If I were to be a worrier I would have stayed there for hours longer checking and double checkong but at the end of the day the clock was ticking and I was not goi g to spend New Years in an airport (which had air hostesses perfoming what I can only assume was semi-popular Thai chart music since there was a middle aged balding man singing along). I needed the city.
One hour later I arrived at Kao San Road, a popular area for tourists. And mysterious fortune telling men who take you down alley ways and eerily accurately guess what number or word you have written or thought of.
I spent probably 2 hours attempting to find my hostel however the pretty flashing lights, men in feather bikinis and a general crowd of gurning faces was all too distracting. The hostel situation was sorted pretty quickly when I actually tried but it was a liberating feeling being in a foreign country having no belongings and no idea where I was meant to be sleeping.
And then i went back out. After asking a funky Thai man wearing a Bob Marley shirt, bunny ears, sunglasses and an eye patch if I could take his picture I dont really know what happened. But I managed to get drunk for free, dance with a wonderful collection of people who melted into the night, and get the most awesome photographs I've ever taken.
I havent been to sleep in probably 40 hours and have to force myself to stay awake for my bag which should be arriving shortly. I havent really eaten but don't worry mom I've drank plenty of water.
I'm currently lead on my bed - which probably isnt usually all that great but at the moment I'm on a cloud - listening to some clearly white American "lads" in their early 20s talk about how much cocain they did last night.
I think I'm gonna like it here.

There are a lot of cats too.

No comments:

Post a Comment